Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

i bought an property in 1993 but cannot remember the exact

i bought an property in 1993 but cannot remember the exact price paid at the time. I have tried both the solicitor and the estate agent who handled the purchase but both have destroyed records from that far back. I also understand the land registry only kept sales data from 1995 onwards. How can I get an accurate answer on the price I paid for it?
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question
There are two three ways you can approach this,
The first is the site Zoopla www.zoopla.co.uk which may well list the purchase price as far back as 1993.
Second ask your local estate agent to offer a back dated valuation in their expert opinion
Or the most robust one is to ask the District Valuation Office to make a valuation Link here
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/district-valuer-services-dvs
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have some historic rental income from this property that I have not paid tax on, how far back do I need to declare this?

Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your response
As this is a new question, it should for future reference be listed as anew question, so we experts get credit for the additional work we undertake by Just Answer.
I will, however on this occasion answer your further question
Rental income should be declared to HMRC for as far back as the rental income began, and for the full duration.