bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I work installing wind turbines onshore all over Europe, the

Customer Question

I work installing wind turbines onshore all over Europe, the company I work for pays me a per diem which is an over night allowance to be used on food drinks etc. But this gets added to my wages every two weeks and I am taxed on this. I would like to know if this is correct or there is any way I could claim this tax back or any tax rebate. Many Thanks Ross XXX

Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Hello Ross, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question.
Subsistence expenses are not usually taxed under the UK Income Tax regime.
They may, however, be taxed in the taxation system of the country in which you are physically located. You will have to take this up with your HR department in the first instance.
That is as far as I can go on this particular question at present. Perhaps you could let me have more detail.