bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

, I have been receiving invoices from a supplier and they

Customer Question

hi, I have been receiving invoices from a supplier and they and we are vat registered in uk. They haven't split the vat out so i have assumed figures vat inclusive. They have come to me this morning and said they should have charged vat on top of this - this goes back to june and approx £20k a month purchases.
I have said duty of care etc etc . I have sold the goods at a margin worked out from the nett of the invoices. i have a huge profitability issue here and its not my fault. Help !
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question.
I think you are correct in assuming that the invoiced figures are VAT inclusive. That assumes, of course, that the relevant documentation does not say 'Pro Forma Invoice.' The invoice must quote the supplier's VAT registration number.
Just stick to your guns and tell the supplier to take a running jump. You have been invoiced, paid and that is an end to the matter. He can whistle for his tax and loose profit at his end through his own incompetence.
I do hope I have pointed you in the right direction.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks - thats what i think too!! they were not pro formas - just normal vat invoices.

thanks

Then the supplier has dipped out.
Please be so kind as to rate me before you leave the Just Answer site.
Thank you for your support.