bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I'm in communication with your man Keith. A new question was

Customer Question

I'm in communication with your man Keith. A new question was sumitted to Keith and I now await his reply.
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question.
At present I am at a loss. To which question do you refer? Please advise and I will try to help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Attention Keith, I have sent the letter to HM Revenue and Collections and am hoping to get a reply. Subject their reply or no reply I will consider what action to take. This will involve 1) Starting a Trust in Trinidad for my assets in TT. The laws there permit this. 2) Unloading assets I have in Thailand to my partner and daughter. I don't think this is prudent but in view of the circumstances and my wish to make sure they can continue their lives in the way they have become accustomed after my death, I will do this.
I will most likely need guidance when a reply is received or not received.
I have scheduled my trip to TT via London for March 31 to April 20 and will need to know what I am doing by then. I'm taking the family who will stay with friends in the UK while I go down to TT. Trust you are keeping okay, on top of the medications and enjoying life.
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your kind comments. I am, as you are probably aware, back in Bangkok having been ordered by my GP to take a complete rest. I am still answering questions though!
I would be delighted to assist you on your return depending upon the comments of HMRC, of course. I do appreciate your lack of prudence, but also understand your concern for their future well being.
As the say in theatrical circles, break a leg.
bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience: FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
Thank you for your excellent support.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Attention Keith. I another matter which perhaps would be prudent to check with you. If this involves another fee please advise.
Briefly this involves a Timeshare I own in Kissimmee, Florida. I bought one week per year in 2000 and upgraded it to a three bedroom unit about four years ago. At this time the Annual Maintenance charge was around 750.00 US. It was subsequently taken over by a new organisation about two years ago and the Maintenance Fees have gone through the roof and are double this amout now. I cannot afford to continue with it at 1,500.00 US per annum and goodness knows what the fees will be next year and wish to get rid of it. It virtually has no value although I spent about 40,000.00 US on it. Many of the Timeshare Owners are trying to sell theirs at distress prices. My thinking at this time is to get out of the responsibility of it even if I have to give it away. If you feel you could handle something like this and maintain my credit rating I'd be pleased to hear from you. At this juncture I am not paying the fees due January 11 because I feel it's like a scam. Nick.

Well Nick, not quite a scam, but a well known racket, there are usually far more timeshare sellers than buyers. You need an US realator for this.

Get out while you can. To be perfectly honest this is a totally different question and should be the subject of a spearate application on Just Answer.

You may find this link useful though:

http://rcivip.com/what-happens-if-i-stop-paying-my-timeshare/