TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

just filling in tax return time as earned

just filling in tax return time as earned 50915 /14 tax year so need to declare because of child benefit earnings. I paid £13088 tax on this.
I also have a company car which my annual tax summary saus gives a benefit of £7271, do I have to declare this in my self assessment as I already pay tax on this.
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.

.

You need to include all your taxable income in a tax return including benefits such as a company car. Clearly, if you don't include the car benefit and it has been taxed through PAYE, your tax calculation will be incorrect and it will appear that you have paid too much tax. You pay tax on your salary but you still disclose it in your return.

Take a look here to see where you disclose earnings and benefits.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.