Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I am the benificary to my sisters pension from US company ,

I am the benificary to my sisters pension from US company , she died last year and i am now started recieving the pension , I am a UK resident and pay UK taxes .
I have a ITIN number purposes . Do i have to pay tax on this pension
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.

Thanks question - I am Sam and I am one of the UK tax experts here on just Answer.
First I would like to offer my condolences on your loss.
Yes, I am afraid tax will need to be considered on this pension, which HMRC will treat as foreign income so you should advise HMRC that this has begun.
Note that should you suffer and USA tax on this pension, then due to the double taxation treaty between us and the USA, you can claim credit USA tax suffered (thereby reducing the UK tax position)