How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4995
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

I inherited one bedroom flat last year, which I am now renting

Resolved Question:

I inherited one bedroom flat last year, which I am now renting out. not sure how to deal with declering my property income.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert: replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

You should declare rental income on supplementary for SA105 - UK property.

If you are renting the flat and the rental income is more than £4,250 then you should complete boxes 20 to 43 as applicable.

For my clients, I use boxes 20,
29 (as rental income is likely to be below £79,000),
36 to cover 10% were and tear allowance (if furnished letting)
40 - taxable profit

You may wish to download the notes that accompany SA105 here

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

Expert: replied 2 years ago.
You can group all allowable costs under one heading and that is box 29 - other allowable property expenses.

I hope this is helpful. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you