taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I am a director of a company and I don't take a salary or have

I am a director of a company and I don't take a salary or have any employees. I do subcontract work to a consultant. I also run a small business which is not incorporated from which I pay myself. I paid myself a dividend last year from the compnay which I will declare on my SA tax return. I have not registered the company etc as I am not drawing a salary. The SA tax return assumes that if I am a director I am also an employee of the company and that the company is registered an NIC.
So how do I declare the dividend?
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 2 years ago.
and welcome to the site. Thank you question.

If you are not drawing any salary then you don't complete employment pages and only complete self-employment pages.

As far as dividends paid to you, these should be reported on the main tax return within Income section in Box 3 - Dividends from UK companies.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** what I thought but nice to have it confirmed. I will no doubt be back shortly.

Gill, thank you reply.

I hope this has answered your question.

If you are happy and there are no more issues I will appreciate if you would kindly rate the service I provided to you.

I thank you my answer.

Best wishes.