taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I MADE AN ERROR MY INCOME TAX /20213 AND CLAIMED TOO

I MADE AN ERROR MY INCOME TAX /20213 AND CLAIMED TOO MUCH IN
A TAX REFUND.MY FATHER HAD A HEART ATTACK 14 DAYS .WILL I GET A PENALTY
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 2 years ago.
and welcome to the site. Thank you question.

If the money has been repaid, there should be no penalty. The most HMRC could claim is interest but I should not worry too much over it.

There is a window of 12 months from the end of filing of tax return deadline to make corrections and amendments. You state you overclaimed too much year 2012/13. The deadline fo rmaking corrections to it is 31 Jan 2015.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.
.
If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond. Please only rate my answer if it is acceptable.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

SORRY I HIT THE THE WRONG FACE

James, thanks reply.

How I can help you further?

I have given you a correct answer. I have stated there will be no penalty if you have made an error and claimed too much refund. You have already repaid it.

It is unfair to give a poor rating on a correct answer. I would like you to reconsider your rating. I had requested you only rate my answer if it is acceptable. You may not wish to pay answer but kindly reconsider your rating.

Thanks note to say you hit the wrong face.

I will appreciate if you would kindly hit the smiley face.

I thank you my answer.
Your reward of a generous bonus is greatly appreciated.

Best wishes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I THANKS OUR RESPONSE..IT HAS BEEN PAID IN FULL LESS INCOME TAX DUE TO ME YEAR 2013/2014