TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

As a buy to let landlord. Can i use my pre tax profit at the

As a buy to let landlord. Can i use my pre tax profit at the end of the year to pay a chunk off my mortgage. Then leaving me with a small amount to pay tax on.
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.
.

I'm afraid that paying off part of your mortgage is not a deductible expense and, therefore, does not reduce your tax liability on rental income.

I hope this clarifies your situation but let me know if you have any further questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the mortgage is on the houses I rent not my own
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.
It makes no difference whether the property is the one you live in or one you let.

What you choose to do with your money is your business but paying off your mortgage is not something that will be subsidised by the government.