TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

On 10 Oct.2011 I had a stroke and now have no sight in my right

Customer Question

On 10 Oct.2011 I had a stroke and now have no sight in my right eye and diminishing sight in my left eye.
Am Ii eligable for the blind person's allowance and, if so, could you advise me how to go about claiming the allowance.
G.B. Kiddy
NI No. LT 044646A
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.

You can find information on the blind person's allowance here. Section 3 which deals with eligibility says "You can claim Blind Person’s Allowance if you’re registered with your local council as blind or severely sight impaired". I'm not an expert on the precise conditions for eligibility for the blind person's allowance obviously but I know you can find some guidance from the people here. You can claim the BPA by phone or letter using the contact information in Section 4 here.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.

Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.
Hi again.

It's been a few days since I answered your question. Is there anything you need further clarification on?