Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

Dear SirIs it possible company with a 31 January

Customer Question

Dear Sir Is it possible for a company with a 31 January 2015 year end to make a lump sum director's pension contribution now and claim it as deduction in year end 31 January 2015? In other words,can the contribution be carried back? I await your reply. Thank you. Yours faithfully ANTHONY XXX

Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I am Sam and I am one of the UK tax experts here on Just Answer.
Sadly the answer to this is no - as I suspect you already thought, as ANY payment has its tax point set on the date it is made, not ever when its due from, and this applies whether a payment to or from.
I am sorry the news is not more favourable - let me know if I can be of any further assistance