bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

You have just sent me my new tax code /16. It suggests

Customer Question

You have just sent me my new tax code for 2015/16. It suggests that I should get in touch with you since my yearly income is less than £27820. Have I been paying too much tax for several years?
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question.
This is an independent tax advice site and has no connection with HMRC for whom your question is clearly intended. You should address this question to your tax office whose address and tax reference you will find on the Notice of Coding.
The purpose of the tax code is to make you tax neutral by the year end and, providing the correct code is in force, at this it is remarkably successful. For this reason you should always check your coding for accuracy every time you receive a new code number and if it is wrong advise your tax office accordingly.
I do hope I have been of some assistance to you.