TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

I moved from the UK 7 years ago and did not pay my tax bill.

I moved from the UK 7 years ago and did not pay my tax bill. if I move back to the UK will I need to pay this bill?
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.

There is no statute of limitations on unpaid tax. HMRC may have been making efforts to track you down depending on how much tax is owed and, if you live in a European Union country, they will get help from the local tax authorities to track you down and take action in the local courts if necessary. Look here for more information. Of course, you may not live and work in the EU.

If you return to the UK, sooner or later, your name will appear on a database that HMRC have access to and a letter will be sent to you to arrange to pay the outstanding tax, together with interest and penalties.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.