taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

My UK limited company has been asked Declaration of Residence"

Customer Question

My UK limited company has been asked for a Declaration of Residence" by a Ukraine register4d company.
I am going there for a week to do some work
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

I am another expert on thsi site and I am happy to help you.

Please advise if you have any communication from HMRC showing the company's UTR number eg Form 41G - Corporation Tax - Information for new companies

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No

Andrew, thank you for your reply.

When was your company formed ad are you using an address in the UK as your Registered Office and business address.

Do you know what your company's UTR number is, issued by HMRC for Corporation Tax purposes?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the company was formed in 2005 and sorry yes I do know the UTR. Do you need it?

Andrew, thank you for your reply.

Individuals can request for Cerificate of Residence in the UK by following the following link

https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortforms/form/PT_CertOfRes

As far as companies go, there is some guidance in HMRC manual on INTM162100. I am providing you with a link here

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/intmanual/INTM162100.htm

These supplementary documents also show residence of company -

You should print a copy of company information from Companies House showing basic information like

name

registered office address

company number

accounting reference date etc

A copy of the last corporation tax tax calculation statement addressed to your regsitered/business address

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not really.

The company in Ukraine that I am dealing with has sent me a sample and from that I have obtained the information required to write to HMRC

The link you sent is not useful for this. This is a better one http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/intmanual/intm162020.htm

Andrew, thank you for your reply.

I forwarded to you a link covering guidance notes where specific format of wordings has not been provided. It covers both individuals and companies.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond. Please only rate my answer if it is acceptable.