bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I have an invoice ITIN tax number, but what does it

I have an invoice for my ITIN tax number, but what does it look like? I cannot find it on my invoice to insert it to declare my tax? Do i have to do something else to get it now i have paid for it? Thanks Jo
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question. I assume that you are an UK citizen in business.
An ITIN number is ***** unique number issued by the USA IRS under the following circumstances:
'An ITIN is an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number that is assigned by the Internal Revenue Service to individuals involved in a transaction which may be a taxable event in the United States.'
As an UK taxpayer you don't have to concern yourself with ITIN numbers at all.
I do hope I have helped set your mind at rest.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am trying to be allowed to get tax relief for my published works on Amazon website, sorry should have told you that in my first question. I have paid for it but don't know where it is exactly or whether i have do something else to view/get it? Any more help you could get for me for be great Thank you. Jo

I think you will find it helpful to peruse the following web site which sets out chapter and verse on how to reduce US taxation; literary earnings would normally be charged a 30% with holding tax.
https://kareninglis.wordpress.com/tax/
Any US tax deducted would, under the Double Taxation Treaty between the UK and the USA (and some individual States also), be allowed as a tax credit against any UK taxation levied on the same income stream. This ensures that you are not taxed in both jurisdictions, but, of course, does not protect you from individual countries variations in tax rates.
Thank you for your support.