bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I've recently had a letter to submit my company accounts from

Customer Question

I've recently had a letter to submit my company accounts from Companies House, it's a bit last minute (3 weeks left) but I'm not really sure where to start. I'm not entirely sure what form I have to fill or how I submit it (the business is an LLP and this is the first submission of company accounts since forming in 2013). Could someone point me in the right direction?
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question.

It is a great pity you did not prepare your company accounts when you did your company returns as they can be filed along with the other returns when you do your Corporation Tax (CT) declaration.

If you have not done the latter then file them on line and if you select the appropriate box an abbreviated return for Companies House will be extracted and filed automatically.

Alternatively Companies House will still accept abbreviated accounts on A4 paper format.

What you must do now is prepare your company accounts, file them with HMRC for CT and at the same time accept the CH filing option as you do so. Then it is all over.

I do hope I have helped point you in the right direction.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Keith many thanks for your response, it surely did put me on the right course and I think I understand the process a little better now.

I've been told that as I'm seeking to strike off the company, it may be best to do this as it negates the need to fill in the company account. Can you tell me if this is indeed correct? The company only ever traded small amounts and has been inactive for the past 6 months.

Many Thanks,

Rhys

Striking off is still a bit of a palaver, Rhys. It is quicker and easier to sell the company; you can even do this on eBay! Then you are shot of it for good.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for all your help Keith! It's much appreciated.

Delighted to have been of assistance, Rhys.
Thank you for your support.