Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I have a 10 year old income tax bill 0f £6500 but no way of

Customer Question

I have a 10 year old income tax bill 0f £6500 but no way of paying it all, can I ask for a deal or a reduction?
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question - can I ask what sort of deal you think you would ask for?

As I willa dvise HMRC will not accept anything less than what is owed, and hilst they will agree to a payment plan in most instances, they do expet the amount owed to be paid off as quickly as possible, but if you can advsie what tax this is (as a limited company, or a sole trader and what you might be able to pay)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the bill is for an individual, over 2000 is fines and interest, I've just found out they're about to recover the debt thru my wages at 340 per month, can i reduce this without quitting?

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your response

Were there reasons beyond your control that led to the late penalties (and was this regarding a self assessment tax return) or was it due to HMRC amending figures - please advsie further and is any of this amount tax owed

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the large part was 2 tax offices giving me a tax allowance,this was the mistake that lead to the under payment of income tax.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the large part was 2 tax offices giving me a tax allowance,this was the mistake that lead to the under payment of income tax as i had 2 paye jobs at the time.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your response

How long did this issue last for (one or more tax years) Did HMRC notice the mistake or did you, and how have the penalties arisen - has this situation been going on for some time, from the time you were advised what had happened and now?

As we have three issues and need to estbalish how each one arose

1) When did this mistake get noticed and by whom and when did the mistake of teo sets of allwoances apply to, and whne dud HMRC alert you of it

2) How have penalties nor arisen, as this would suggest that you have refused to pay it, and some time has lapsed since they first advised you, of what you owed

3) Have you made any payments towards the tax owed?

I need you to give me as much information as possible please