TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

My accountant has submitted our first annual VAT return but

Customer Question

My accountant has submitted our first annual VAT return but we did not see it before it was sent. We don't agree with his calculations is there anything we can do?
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.

If the error meets the criteria set out here, you can make the necessary adjustment to your next VAT return to square your overall position.

If the error is above the reporting threshold mentioned at the page linked to above or it was deliberate or made in an accounting period that ended more than four years ago, you have to make a report using Form VAT652 or, if you prefer, write a letter in which you give all the information requested in VAT652. Take a look at the criteria here. There is more detailed guidance here.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.