Have Tax Questions? Ask a Tax Expert for Answers ASAP
Thanks for your question
T work out each of your capital gains tax bill I would need to know
1) Was this where you brother remined living from June 2013 to date - or does he also live elsewhere
2) What was the value of the property when you inherited half in 1992
, and did you live here from 1992 ti 2003 (when you state you left home to get married)
3) If there was a mortgage on the property from 1992 to 2007 - then ho could you have inherited half the property - did you take this mortgage - whose name was it in, and why was there a mortgage taken out AFTER your father had died and how much was borrowed - and who was this paid to?
4) Has any major work being carried out on the property - such as new kitchen, bathrrom etc since 1992 - if so what and how much approx did these improvements cost.
5) how mch is your are your brothers annual income (either more than £41865 a year or less than £31865)