Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

We are selling the roof (leasehold) on our building

Customer Question

We are selling the roof (leasehold) on our building containing 6 flats, to a developer who will build 3 more flats on the top. What tax is due from each flat owner and is there a way to minimise tax?

The six owners each have one share of a company that just exists to manage the building.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, please close and refund.