taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

, we've got a ltd company. I need to produce a tax return

we've got a ltd company. I need to produce a tax return for the company.
We are not VAT registered.
May I use sage 50 to produce the balance sheet for the company last year's taxes?
Because we are not VAT registered shall I do my company taxes like I do my self assessment?
Which form shall I use to send to hmrc?
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

You have to file a company tax return. It is called a CT600 return. You file it online either using HMRC software that you can download from HMRC site by logging into your Corporation tax services online or by using third party software.

When you file the CT return, you also file a copy of your company accounts at the same time.

I presume you have registered with HMRC for online services for corporation tax. If not, you have to do that first and you can do it here

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-revenue-customs

You can use any software you like to produce your company's accounts.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.