bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

, I arrived in England in august 1999 and start working in

Customer Question

hi, I arrived in England in august 1999 and start working in September.
unfortunately my papers slips or/p60 from that went missing.
Barnet homes wants the proof of that year or I will loose h.b.. how can I replace those papers from September 99 to 2001?
thank you
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question.
I regret, with difficult. Duplicate P60s cannot be issued by employers although they may be able to provide photocopies.
Do you by chance have your HMRC statements of tax due at the end of each tax year? These would surely satisfy the same requirement to determine your income status.
I an slightly confused; what have Barnet Homes got to do with housing benefit?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no I don't have all hmrc statements of tax, where can I get them?

I don't know but they cut my hb because I cannot prove with paperslips or anything that I worked.

I ask again what has it to do with Barnet Homes. They do not authorise Housing Benefit; it is a Government based benefit.
You can request copies of your statements from HMRC. A Form P800 is what you need from them. You should apply in writing to your tax office.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it might have been barnet council.

I have applied in writing but did not fill form P800. where can I apply for that form and will they update those years?

Sounds more likely!
You don''t fill in a P800; the P800 is the HMRC notification of tax and NI and is issued at the end of each tax year.
You have applied in writing, that is the correct procedure, you can but wait for HMRC to provide the relevant P800s and your difficulties will be over.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have applied over a month in writing do you think I should do something else or ask them what happened because I didn't get any answer

HMRC are very slow to respond these days. I would wait a couple of weeks before chasing them up.
There is a cautionary tale here. Never loose or destroy P60s. These documents cannot be replaced. I gave mine going back to when I commenced full time employment in 1961.
Please be so kind as to rate me before you leave the Just Answer site.
Thank you for your support.