TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

***** ***** MURRAY. ZY 92 61 63 D , Tax Ref;948/C30652 & 951/C11XX.

***** ***** MURRAY. ZY 92 61 63 D , Tax Ref;948/C30652 & 951/C11XX. I retired from the Corps of Commissionaires on 30 MAR 15. The corps have informed me that they will send out P45 on 17APL15. What action do I have to do in respect of HMRC.
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.

You don't necessarily have to do anything with your P45. However, as you retired on 30 March 2015 which is very close to the end of the 2014/15 tax year and you have two PAYE references, you might call the tax office on the number here and ask them to check your 2014/15 tax position to ensure that your are square tax wise. Of course, you may have paid too much tax or too little.

HMRC may issue a P800 tax calculation to you which will have your earnings details, pension details and details of any other income sources you had in 2014/15 in it. This will tell you if you are overpaid or underpaid. If you have a source of income which they have not included, then you should tell HMRC about it. You can read about the P800 tax calculation here.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.