bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I POSTED AN APPEAL AGAINST A PENALTY ON 10-03-2015 ROY HARDING YE048424A UTR3531041251

Customer Question

I POSTED AN APPEAL AGAINST A PENALTY ON 10-03-2015
ROY HARDING
YE048424A
UTR3531041251
CAN YOU GIVE ME AN UPDATE PLEASE
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and happy to help you with your question.
We are not HMRC, but an UK tax advice site. You must write a letter to the HMRC office who imposed the penalty. Four weeks is par for the course for a reply and i would suggest the six would be a more likely response time. HMRC have already watered down their penalty policies. It might be useful to read the following which is the UK Gov proposals for penalties and may help your case.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/400211/150130_HMRC_Penalties_a_Discussion_Document_FINAL_FOR_PUBLICATION__2_.pdf
I am so sorry that I am unable to help more.
Thank you for your support.