bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

Richards Agricultural Co. Ltd. : Why have we not yet

Customer Question

Richards Agricultural Co. Ltd. : Why have we not yet received our £2,543.60 reclaim after more than 2 weeks?
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and happy to help you with your question.
You are, I regret to have to tell you, speaking to the wrong people. This is not HMRC, but an independent UK tax information site. You must take your query up with the relevant HMRC directly. Here is the Gov UK advice on the subject:
'7. When you'll get your refund
HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) will usually send repayments within 5 weeks, but it may take longer in some cases.
You should wait 5 weeks after making an online claim and 6 weeks after making a postal claim before contacting HMRC about the payment.'
I do hope I have been able to assist you with your inquiry. Actually, you are a tad premature in your worries.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

VAT reclaims made online are normally paid within a few days.I've tried to contact HMRC and have been directed by them to you for which I am expected to pay. This is not a good situation!

I totally agree. You did not mention that it was a VAT refund which are usually much quicker than other UK tax regimes. Looking at one of the organisations whose account I run I see that about a fortnight is usual for such reimbursements so, depending on when you submitted the VAT 100, it should be with you shortly.
I am sure that Just Answer would be very flattered with HMRC's advice, but I would be inclined to ask them to refund your fee in addition to your net VAT repayment!
Thank you for your support.