bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

, tax ofiice changed my tax code from new tax year. Previously

Customer Question

tax ofiice changed my tax code from new tax year. Previously I had 100L now BR. I am working for agencies. I asked tax office in letters twice to change this decission, but they did not do it.
What I can do now?
Les
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and happy to help you with your question.
In a word, not a lot! Have the tax office given any indication as to why they are effectively removing your personal allowance by putting you on a BR coding?
Here is the Gov UK advice on what to do if your code is incorrect:
https://www.gov.uk/reporting-your-tax-code-as-wrong
not particularly helpful as you appear to have done this already. However HMRC are notoriously slow to react to correspondence these days, up to six weeks.
I can only advise to to just keep pushing your tax office to arrange a more appropriate code.
There is just one point, your question mentions agencies, a plural. If you work for more than one then your 'normal' code may well be being applied elsewhere in which case the BR code for this employment may be correct.
I do hope I have been able to shed some light on your position. It will all come out in the wash in the end when you submit your annual self assessment tax return, but a whole year of BR does have a negative effect on your cash flow.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Keith,

I just known it before your answer , but if I have any chance to change my tax code now and how do it?

Leszek

If HMRC have made a mistake the most likely they will get around to amending your tax code, Leszek, eventually.
It is just a case of keep pushing, boring I know, but necessary.
Do please check the double employment situation though.
Thank you for your support.