taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I have "bed and isa " ed £15000 from one acct to another. The

I have "bed and isa " ed £15000 from one acct to another. The capital gains on this amount are below the allowance. Do I need to declare this to HMRC and if so how?
LG
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 2 years ago.

Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

You need to fill in the Capital gains summary pages if:

- you sold or disposed of chargeable assets which were worth more than £44,000

- your chargeable gains before taking off any losses were more than £11,000 annual exempt amount’

- you have gains in an earlier year taxable inthis period

- you want to claim an allowable capital loss or make a capital gains claim or election for the year

- you were not domiciled in the UK and are claiming to pay tax on your foreign gains on the remittance basis

- you are chargeable on the remittance basis and have remitted foreign chargeable gains of an earlier year

As the gain is below the threshold of £11,000 and the sale proceeds are below £44,000

you do not have to declare the gain on your tax return. I have given you the figures for tax year 2014-15.

More information on reporting of capital gains can be found here - SA108 Notes "Capital Gains Summary Sheet".

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/420007/sa108-notes-2015.pdf

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes