Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I have just received a self-employed class 2 national lnsurance

hi I have just received a self-employed class 2 national lnsurance contributions (NICs) due for the period of 12-10-14 to 11-04-15 =$71.50 and 07-04-13 to 11-10-14 =214.65 and 06-04-08 to 06-04-13 =717.75. I've only been back in the country the last six months after being away for 30 odd years I started work 6 months ago ( not self-employed ) what do I do about these payments thanks dave
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dave
Thanks for your question - I am Sam and I am one of the UK tax experts here on Just Answer.
Somehow HMRC are under the impression that you are either self employed or working under CIS (Construction Industry)
As this is not the case (based on what you advise) then you should write to both HMRC and the National Insurance Office and advise that they have their information wrong, and you are in fact not self employed |(I assume you are in fact employed and have your tax and National Insurance deducted from your wages)
Let me know if you need HMRCs address or any furtehr assistance
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi and thank you sam I wood like the HMRCs address

Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your response
Write to *****
HM Revenue and Customs
BX9 1AS
United Kingdom
Quote both your National Insurance number - and if this has been issued to you the 10 digit unique taxpayer reference number.
Let me know if I can be of any furtehr assistance with this matter - but it would be very much appreciated, if you rate the level of service I have provided. (This ensures that Just Answer credit me for my time)