bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

Nat.ins.no: YM 34 00 27 A 10-06-1944, monchen edward antoine

Customer Question

Nat.ins.no: YM 34 00 27 A 10-06-1944, monchen edward antoine marie
We have an anuity with clerical medical and understand now that we have been paying tax over this acc to Mr Adam Goldsworthy from clerical medical some 17 times or so
We are lyable to tax in Belgium since 1993.
Could mail us the years we tax unduly.
Thank you for your reply
Edward Monchen Anna van de Raadt
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and happy to help you with your question.
Just Answer is not part of HMRC, but an independent UK tax advice site. My immediate reaction is who is Mr Adam Goldsworthy and why are you paying him tax?
An UK annuity would be subject to UK taxation, but unless your income therefrom exceeded the personal allowance, available to all EEA citizens, there would be no tax to pay. Any tax paid to HMRC in the UK would, of course, be allowable as a tax credit against any liability imposed by Belgium, one of the most heavily taxed countries in the EU.
There appears to be something fishy going on here which will need sorting out pretty quickly.