TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

Are foreign dividends received treated differently in

Are foreign dividends received treated differently in the corporation tax computation to UK Dividends received and are taxable?
Paul
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.

In general, foreign dividends received by UK companies are not taxable and no relief is given for any foreign tax credit against a UK corporation tax liability. The double tax treaty between the UK and the country from which the dividend is paid may limit the amount of foreign tax paid.

There are exceptions to the general no UK tax on foreign dividend rules which you can read about here.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your prompt reply but how are foreign dividends treated differently to UK dividends for corporation tax purposes and also is interest received on corporation tax from HMRC taxable?

Paul

Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.
They aren't treated differently from UK dividends received by a UK company except in certain circumstances as described in the link I gave you which apply to large companies. The link is here.

Interest received on corporation tax repayments is taxable. Look here for confirmation.