taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I recently received a small refund

I recently received a small refund from m&s for ppi. it was for £1,995 .tax of approx. £200 was deducted by the company before sending my settlement.i am a pensioner. and don't pay tax as my income is very low.can you tell me what form I need as after a very lengthy wait on the phone to tax office who promised to send said form out, ive heard nothing. can you help me please, its a lot of money to me ,thank you sue XXXX

Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

If you think you are entitled a repayment , you should complete Form R40 - Claim for repayment of tax deducted from savings and investments.

You can download the form from HMRC website here

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/419506/R40_M__internet_v2.0.pdf

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.

More information on this can be found here

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/income-tax-claim-for-repayment-of-tax-deducted-from-savings-and-investments-r40