TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

My husband died 29.7.14 - he earned dividends from shares of

My husband died 29.7.14 - he earned dividends from shares of £3760 from 6.4.14 to date of death. I cannot find anywhere on my tax return to put this figure. Do I write separately to the Inspector of Taxes informing him of my late husband's income from shares. I did not have this information to hand when I filled in form R27.
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.

The dividends received to the date your husband died are assessable on him, not you. As you appear to have submitted an R27, you would be best advised to write to the tax office you sent the R27 to or call if there is a number on the form and inform them of the dividends. If you husband was a basic rate taxpayer, there will be no further tax to pay.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.