taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

We have recently had a stairlift fitted because my wife has

we have recently had a stairlift fitted because my wife has trouble with her knees and we want to know if we have to pay vat on it or not
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

Installation or repair and maintenance of lifts including stair lift may be zero-rated as per HMRC VAT Notice 701/7 - VAT reliefs for disabled and older people..

This is covered in Sec 6.5 with Building and Construction. Also read Sec 3 for customer eligibilty.

More information can be found here
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/vat-notice-7017-vat-reliefs-for-disabled-people/vat-notice-7017-vat-reliefs-for-disabled-and-older-people

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you for your answer, however I want this payment to be a one off and do not want to be paying a subscription

Brian, thank you for your reply.

This would be a one off payment. Please contact customer support at Just Answer to cancel your subsciption if you have ticked other boxes.

I don't have anything to do with admin/support.

I hope this is helpful.

If you are happy and there are no more issues I will appreciate if you would kindly rate/accept the service I provided to ensure I get credited for it.

I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.