TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience:  International tax
14155347

Is there anyway I can find out if an appeal has been made

Is there anyway I can find out if an appeal has been made against a first tier tribunal
(tax) decision?
Geoff Ireland
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for allowing me to assist you.
There is a database of first tier tribunal (tax) decisions and appeals that were filed with limited access to the information.
I am not sure if that will be enough for you but you can use this url
http://www.financeandtaxtribunals.gov.uk/Aspx/default.aspx
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Unfortunately this database seems to show decisions. What I need to find out is, if the decision has been appealed against within the 56 days permitted.

regards ***** *****

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 2 years ago.
I was not exactly sure what your exact requirements were but the court was correct. If you are not involved, they will not release the information to you.
I sincerely ***** ***** could tell you differently
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. If we went to a solicitor would they be in a position to find out for us?

Geoff Ireland

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 2 years ago.
Yes, if you were directly involved in the case. The solicitor would just be making the inquiry on your behalf. If you or anyone else is not involved they would not be able to inquiry for you because the same rules apply.