How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3816
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

My name is***** XXXXXXX. My National Insurance

Customer Question

My name is***** XXXXXX . My National Insurance no is XXXX XXXXXX  A My accountant is preparing my Tax Return for 6th April 2014 to 5th April 2015. My State Pension has been:- April 2014 £460.16 May 2014 £796.16 June 2014 £472.56 July 2014 £472.56 August 2014 £472.56 September 2014 £779.80 October 2014 £779.80 November 2014 £779.80 December 2014 £779.80 Jan 2015 £779.80 February 2015 £779.80 March 2015 £779.80 April 2015 £779.80 My husband David XXXXXX XXXXX  died on the 9th June 2014 My accountant cannot understand why the difference in the State Pension. Please could you give me an answer. Many thanks. Mrs. Elizabeth XXX XXXXXX XXXXXX XXXXXX

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Hello Elizabeth, I am Keith and happy yo help you with your question. Please note that Just Answer is an open forum and your disclosure of personal information is unwise, like name, addresses and NI Numbers. I am so sorry to hear of the death of your husband. I am not sure that I can assist, but I will try. Maybe you should be talking to The Pension Service, the Government agency. Indeed I am surprised that they have not advised you of the change and the reason. I must say I share your accountant's confusion. I suggest that your solution is to write to The Pensions Service, you will find their address on the letter they send you towards the end of the tax year to advise you of next year's entitlement. I am so sorry not to be able to be of more help, but have shown you a way forward.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your support.

Related Tax Questions