Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I have been given a tax code of BR on my Aviva

Customer Question

I have been given a tax code of BR on my Aviva Annuity of £240.84 per year, which means that I will be paying tax at 20%.This seems to be far too much on such a small annuity.I did the tax chequer and it stated that I should be entitled to a rebate of £12.It seems that I am being taxed twice, because I am also paying tax on my Prudential Pension with tax code 218Y.Please can I have the rebate of £12 and no mre tax deducted from my Aviva Annuty? Sidney XXXXXX***@******.***

Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

We are not connected with HMRC in any way. If you wish to have a rebate then you should contact HMRC direct.

We are JustAnswer help you with your questions and are not linked to HMRC.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have gone as far as possible with this on-line tax enquiry, and I am told above that you are not connectd with HMRC, so that means you cannot answer my query! I am certainly not satisfied, and I do not want to be charged £36 for my query when I can maybe get a refund of only £12.
Please send me a satisfactoy reply by e-mail.

Thank you for your reply.

You will not be charged for this service as I will request Customer Support to make you a refund.

I wanted you to be aware that we are not connected or linked with HMRC. You have not raised your online tax enquiry with HMRC but a third party forum.

Thank you for using Just Answer.