Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I AM PAYE REGISTERED. RECENTLY I HAVE BEEN OFFERED A 3 HOUR

Customer Question

I AM PAYE REGISTERED. RECENTLY I HAVE BEEN OFFERED A 3 HOUR PER WEEK JOB ON CONTRACT WHERE I AM REQUIRED TO SUBMIT INVOICES EACH MONTH. I HAVE BEEN ASKED TO SUBMIT A SELF EMPLOYED REFERENCE NUMBER. I DO NOT HAVE ONE AND WONDER WHAT MY OPTIONS ARE.
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Thank for your question
First there is a need to establish you truly can be self employed with this work, as sadly its not a matter of choice - but of law, as to how you provide your services, and what the business paying you provides to assist you with this.
If you can advise furtehr - what you will do, where it will be done, and whether they provide any equipment of information to assist you with this.
I have added a link here re employment status which advises a basic view on this topic.
https://www.gov.uk/employment-status/overview
And of course please do advise me further so I can point you in the right direction of any genuine self employment