bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I AM TRYING TO SET UP A DIRECT DEBIT TO PAY MY S/A BILL AS

Customer Question

I AM TRYING TO SET UP A DIRECT DEBIT TO PAY MY S/A BILL AS I CANNOT AFFPRD TO PAY IT ALL AT ONCE, CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am Keith one of the experts on Just Answer (JA) and happy to help you with your question. Firstly, I suspect that you think JA is part of HMRC when actually it is an independent tax advice forum. What you need to do now is write to the HMRC office who sent you your SA bill and arrange a mutually acceptable repayment schedule. Even that Department appreciate that some leeway is needed in these matters although they do tend to the view that as you have had the money why can you not repay it immediately? So at this stage that is the way forward, negotiation with the tax office. I do hope my reply has helped you with your problem.