TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience:  International tax
14155347

I am Sureshchandra Solanki, and I had won Yahoo/Msn Window

I am Sureshchandra Solanki, and I had won Yahoo/Msn Window Live Award price money of £920,000.00 vide Batch Number:UK/22/GBA-71881 REF: NO:(###) ###-####PIN:1309 FILE NO: UK/742/H4/ZA. The price money were to be calimed from South African Location File through their representatative Mr. Richard Tembani/ABSA BANK LTD, sandton, Johannesburg, where the money was remitted. As per Mr. Tembani/ABSA Bank,I had to remit £360 for Funds Clearance Certificate to South African Ministry of Finance so that the price money can be transfered to my account within 48 hours of the receipt.
The money was sent and was confirmed by both ABSA Bank/Mr. Tembani awaiting transfer.
Now yesterday, Mr. Oupa Magashula of South African Revenue Services, emailed me that the funds were kept on "HOLD" due to lack of adequate clearance from their department.
They are demanding £680.00to enable them to issue Declaration Certificate to ABSA Bank assigned for the pay,enmt as an Income Tax to South African Government.
Please let me know, if this is in order, before I arrange to remit £680 for release of the funds. warm Regards.
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 2 years ago.
Hello,I am so sorry but I have found no legitimate site for Yahoo/Msn Window Live Award. This type of scam has been going on for some years now.Please do not send them any more money.https://suffolktradingstandards.wordpress.com/2014/05/08/scam-yahoo-and-msn-windows-live-awards/