taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I am completing my VAT return the first time in many years

I am completing my VAT return the first time in many years as I did have an accountant. Box 9
Goods acquired from other EC members. Says you are not to include services? What are Services are they Ebay and Amazon fees
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

Values to be excluded from Box 9 include Ebay and Amazon fees.

Enter the total value of goods received from VAT registered suppliers in another EU country and services related to those goods (such as delivery charges).

Please note that services related to those goods should only be included if they form part of the overall price of the goods (i.e. the services are ancillary to the goods so form part of the overall cost of the goods).

Do not include separately supplied services in this box.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So what you are saying is the reverse fee only applies to stock purchased from other EU states.

Amazon and ebay invoices do not include VAT as they are billed out of the UK.

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, it would apply to stock purchased from other EU states.

I hope this is helpful.