How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4995
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

If i put the rental income from the other house in my

Resolved Question:

If i put the rental income from the other house in my partners name does she have to register for self employment with HMRC ie self assesement
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert: replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to the site.
Thank you for requesting that I help you with your question.
Your partner would have to register for self assessment and fill a tax return as she would be a recipient of rental income.
It is a straight forward process and she could register online fo rself assessment.
I hope this is helpful and answers your question.
If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Expert: replied 2 years ago.
I thank you for accepting my answer.
Your reward of a bonus is greatly appreciated.
Best wishes.