bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

This is a UK self-employed question. I'm going to

Customer Question

Hello, This is a UK self-employed question. I'm going to start streaming myself playing video games on twitch.tv - On this website, the main way people make money is from viewers donating money via Paypal. How would donations in this manner be handled
in regards ***** ***** self-employed. Are they just considered a normal product payment and taxed the normal way?
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. I am of the opinion that these donations would form part of your self employment income. If you are not already registered with HMRC as self employed you should do so when you start streaming. They will then send you a self assessment tax return to complete at the end of each tax year so you can declare your income. They will then send you the bill for whatever Income Tax and National Insurance is due which is payable by the following 31 January. Here is the form you need for registration: https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortforms/form/CWF1ST I do hope that my reply has shown you the way forward.