Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I am working and paying tax here in the UK. However i go

Hi I am working and paying tax here in the UK. However i go home to ireland every Wednesday and return Monday. There am for tax purpose resident in Ireland,andw will have to pay Ireland revenue a substantial difference. Any ay i can legally avoid this? become a uk citizen? Thanks Tommy
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question - I am Sam and I am one of the Uk tax experts here on Just Answer.
As you work in the UK then this income remains liable to UK tax, however as you are for residence and tax purposes liable to tax in Ireland, then all you do is declare the income and the UK tax suffered to lessen you Irish tax burden
I am afraid you will and cannot be treated as a resident and therefore just liable to UK tax unless you move to the UK or spend less than 90 days in Ireland so more than 180 days in the UK.
Let me know if you require any furtehr assistance