TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

My mother passed away 8April 2013 and in order to settle her

My mother passed away 8April 2013 and in order to settle her estate I require a copy of her national insurance number for settling of her estate
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.

This site has no connection with HM Revenue & Customs so I cannot tell you what your late mother's national insurance number is *****'m afraid. I may be able to tell you how to go about finding out what the number is ***** if you would prefer to have your deposit refunded let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi I would need more information on how to go about it

Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.

You have several options but you will need to provide proof that you are acting for the deceased estate.

1 Read the notes here and call the new helpline which is 0300(###) ###-####and explain your situation. You will have to write to request a letter disclosing your late mother's NI number. They may refer you to the form here.

2 Call the number here. Again, explain your situation and listen to what the helpline suggests you do.

If your mother was in receipt of any pensions, the pension payers should be able to tell you the NI number but they will need a written request from you. You might also try calling HMRC on the number here though they will probably refer you to the NI people here. THe NI number will appear on any P60 issued to your mother as well as correspondence or tax returns.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.