How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5029
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

Capital Gains Tax. I have a portfolio with Hargreaves Lansdown

Resolved Question:

Capital Gains Tax. I have a portfolio with Hargreaves Lansdown & I have exceeded allowance for Capital gains. I have deducted dealing costs but, can I also deduct account management charges from my gains?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert: replied 2 years ago.

Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

Management charge is different from dealing costs relating to buying and selling of shares.

I am sorry to say but account management charges are not deductible expense in computing capital gains.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Expert: replied 2 years ago.

Confirmation of this can be found here