bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I bought rbs shares from 23/09/09 around 6 or more trades,until17/03/2

Customer Question

i bought rbs shares from 23/09/09 around 6 or more trades,until17/03/2010.Then i started selling then buying and so on i worked out i had made a loss up to the sale of 2012.Becouse i made a loss i did not diclare.can i diclare them for 2014/2015 cgt year
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. You most certainly can, but not for the 14/15 return. Just work out the relevant loss and when you make your 14/15 self assessment tax return just put the detail in the box provided towards the end of the return for any other matters. Technically, you are amending a previously submitted return. Alternatively, just write a letter to your tax office seeking to revise the relevant year's tax return to notify a capital loss which was omitted therefrom. Simple, as the Meercat in the TV advert would say. I do hope that I have shown you a way forward in this matter.

Probably Box 19, Any other Information, just before the signature part.

Box numbers change from year to year.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi thx for your answer but thats not what i asked i have allready submited 2012-13/and 13-14 tax returns.what i mean is the ones i did not submit how do i integrate them with the ones i submited.The reason i didnt submit the ones i didnt is becouse i was below the threshold thinking that cgt is 0 so no need.

The answer you gave me i allready know thx