Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

My wife and I bought 35 acres of lakeside land in 2002 for

Customer Question

My wife and I bought 35 acres of lakeside land in 2002 for £45,000Over the following three years we build three summer houses with jetties and moored three houseboats as holiday homesThe WDV of the houseboats is now 30.000Most of the Cost of summerhouse, stone track and septic tank were all expensed to P&L over the years.Our combined annual income is £22.000 before allowances The boats annual rental turnover is £15k each We have agreed a selling price of £190.000 for two acres of land, summerhouse, boat and goodwill.The boat was specially build as a 'dumb barge' so current value is uncertain, value in current location could be 80k, value on the open market might be as low as 30kWe have planning permission for a fourth boat so would like to reinvest in another summerhouse, houseboat, septic tank and jetty.I am aged 60 and my wife 48. Our two boys are 17 and 15We have What might we pay in tax
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am happy to wait for an answer.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please continue to search.

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please cancel the request and we will hope to use you again in the future.