bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I am the treasurer of the Lincoln Decorative and Fine Arts

Customer Question

I am the treasurer of the Lincoln Decorative and Fine Arts Society which is newly formed as a community group run by unpaid volunteers, it is affiliated to the National DFAS which is a registered Charity. As a newly formed society we will not be a registered charity initially. The income from membership will be less than £10,000 in the first year and I would hope that it will grow but it will only be slow. The purpose is education via lectures and may be in the future organised trips. Initially there will be no trading at all. Can you please advise if the Society is liable to pay tax.
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the esperts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. There are no taxation implications in the Society's activities. It is classed as trading between members and outside the scope of UK taxation. I do hope that I have helped set your mind at rest on this matter.
Thank you for your support.