bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I have been asked by an Indian based company that is planning

Customer Question

I have been asked by an Indian based company that is planning to sell in the UK on e commerce, whether better through Indian company or set up a UK based company.
I can only think UK tax 20% vs India @ 30%
I should be grateful for some guidance and whether they will be able to set up a UK bank account?
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. I would concur with your opinion that the company would be better off operating under the UK taxation regime. There is the matter of VAT to be taken into account of the turnover exceeds or approaches 82K in any one year of trading, but that is probably somewhat downstream at present. There should no problem with setting up an UK bank account in view of the extensive international trading now undertaken. Of course it will be necessary to engage some local assistance in operating the tax regimes and that can, in certain circumstances be a costly exercise. They coulld help with opening and operating an UK bank account. I do hope my reply has been of assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I don't think you told me anything I didn't know but you did put my mind at rest that I am giving the correct advice so many thanks
Thank you for your support.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats OK. Last question. Is there any way of finding out more details on a BVI company?
Like who is behind it?
What if there is suspected fraud involved? What then?
Any chance of looking behind the nominee directors?
Not a chance, that's why such organisations register in the BVI.
If there is fraud suspected you must take it up with the police.
Again most unlikely; again that's why such organisations register in the BVI.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much. That is exactly as I suspected but again you hav really put my mind at rest. I will definitely use your service again.
Kind Regards, Sharon
Delighted to have been of assistance, Sharon.